Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I had a clever title then I forgot it"


March 25th

So this morning, we were planning on going on a little hike up bear canyon. They told us it would be about a 3 hour total hike.
no. it was like 5 1/2. so hot. but so pretty. I'm pretty wasted right now though. and scorched from the sun. we all ended up drinking out of a river (I know..water in AZ? who knew?) so we wouldn't be dehydrated. so if I come back with a parasite, we will all know why.
Last week was really good. A lot of things fell through. Satan definitely put on his boxing gloves, but no matter. We taught Britt and Yoda the law of chastity and the word of wisdom, and they basically came out and said, "I should have been mormon a long time ago. this is fantastic"
Elder Chamberlaine, Elder McKenna, sister Shrader and I also had the inspiring idea that we should go to the community college campus and draw out the entire plan of salvation with chalk. They quickly realized my obsession/passion for chalk...and a few people started walking by and asking to take pictures.
I found out the next day that we probably could have been arrested for it...but, we didn't so all is well. The church is true, and His plan has never looked cooler.
The more people I talk to, the more I realize how much everyone needs the gospel. I was talking with Sherice, one of our investigators and she kept talking about how she's so confused in her life right now. She doesn't know what she needs to do, or who to be with. I'm pretty sure for 20 minutes strait I was just asking her questions, and she finally said, "I don't think I ever realized that all these (certain events) effected me so much. Maybe that's why I stopped praying". I asked her, "what would you do to be with your little nephew again?" (who had just passed away a few years ago)
She completely opened up, and finally making the big step in wanting to know if this is where she can be with him forever. She told me she had never talked to anyone about that before.
Lots of great things are happening. Sorry I'm somewhat slow winded. Kelsey's emails will probably blow mine out of the water. But I love this work so much. I love these people so much. Christ said it right in the book of Matthew where he says there are many to harvest...but laborers I have few. I'm glad I'm one of them.
I hope you have a wonderful easter!  celebrating The Atonement of Jesus Christ isn't just about paying for our sins, but enabling us to be forgiven, to forgive and allow us to be the people we can be.
love you all. Pray for you always.
-hermana aguas

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!