Sunday, March 3, 2013

Christlike Attributes


familia
 
I cannot believe that kels had her farewell...crazy stuff. I hardly even remember mine--so I'm glad it was magical for you guys.
 
Last week was kinda rough--especially last night...but we wont go into that, BECAUSE  I just wanna tell you how cool my mission president is. All last night and this morning, I've been praying. I've been more stressed out this past week than I have been in a really long time, and I hit this wall of exhaustion. I went and checked my email from president, and it just brought the biggest peace to me. This is what he said,
 
 "Dear Elders and Sisters,
Preach My Gospel defines the Christlike attribute of diligence as being steady, consistent, earnest, and energetic in doing the Lord’s work. The Lord expects all His missionaries to work diligently. The Lord also condemns those who are not diligent. He says, “Thou shalt not idle away thy time, neither shalt thou bury thy talent.” (D&C 60.13) But when we are diligent, He promises us joy, peace, and happiness in our labors.

Sometimes we find it easier to “chill”, to flow with the crowd, or to waste time by being involved in missionary things rather than missionary work. Such decisions almost always lead to feelings of frustration, disappointment, worthlessness and loss of hope. The cure for such is work. If you are unhappy, work. If you are discouraged, work. Idleness gives room for doubts and fears. If disappointments come, keep on working. If sorrow or discouragement overwhelms you,…work. When your faith falters and your understanding is weak, just work. When dreams seem shattered and hope seems dead, work. Work as if you mission were in peril. It really is. No matter what trial you face, work. Work faithfully. Work diligently. Work selflessly. Work is the greatest remedy available for all things that burden us down."
I've found so much joy and happiness in this work..and I cant let those things that I'm worrying about bug me so that I'm not fully immersed in it.
 
I also realized something amazing. I watch people. I analyze people. I watch how they react, and I can generally know everytime what will make them tick. And I've discovered, that when people say, "No"...it almost always doesn't mean no. It means, "maybe"  "I'm scared" or "not yet". We had two situations this week that stick out to me, where they were flat out rejecting everything. One, would not take a book of mormon, and another was a former who wasn't interested in starting again. But by the end of listening to them, and making the gospel so personal, in only a way that the spirit would know...one ended up taking the book of mormon. And another has agreed to meet with us. It made me so pumped. And also made me so grateful for the spirit.
 
I love the mission so much.
I don't know what I would have done or who I would be without it. I know I've changed, and I cant exactly pinpoint what (cause i'm always with myself)..but I love it. and I want more of it.
 
love you all so much! have a fun week with kelsey!
-hermana aguas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!