Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Just because Sister Waters has pretty hair doesn't make her your lifesize personal doll

April 8th


Hi family,

So this week had so many little miracles. I'll probably just have to categorize it by peopel, otherwise I'll confuse myself.

{YODA} she's been progressing beautifully. she's basically mormon. remind me, how much have I told you about her? Well, If I haven't...just let her name describe her :P not by looks but personality. So...anyways, she has a TON of health problems. so without fail, every saturday night until monday night,Satan has gotten sick. missing church. not *cough *cough.."oh i'm sick" but having cysts on her ovaries rupture and needing to go to the hospital sick. like I said, Satan. We went in on Thursday and her entire countenace had changed. Usually she looks a little sick, or tired...or throwing out some witty/borderline offensive comment..but this time she just had this light about her. We went in and started talking about faith. I asked her what it meant to her and she said, "it's a belief, but more than that. a conviction. something you actually strive to do. Not a lot of people have it, I only have a little...but I'm working to get more".. I then asked her how she knew God existed, because she used to not believe. She went into this amazing story and how one day she just decided, sister shrader then asked, "what do you know about the church? what do you believe?" She then bore her testimony saying, "I know you are doing things right. The word of wisdom, the law of chastity, reading. I'm doing these, and they are making me more pure, and there is no way I would be able to get out of my problems without them. I believe in the scriptures. There are tons of prophets in them to give guidance, and I believe we have a prophet today. It only makes sense, because we need guidance too. I believe in you guys, in the people. I feel comfortable and safe there. I feel peace." Sister Shrader then said, do you realize you just bore your testimony? She started freaking out and got all excited
the next day we went over, and after we had said the closing prayer she had a panic attack. She said we could leave, but after a minute she said, "please stay...i'm usually always alone for these". Our recent convert jenna pulled out her phone and started playing hymns...once the pain got a little bit more bearable we asked if we could read, because it always calms her down. We read Alma 32, and by the end the attack was over and everything was calm.
She came to conference the next day and Loved Elder Scott's and Elder Cook's talks about peace of mind...it's exactly what she needed. Then she came to both sessions on Sunday and Uchtdorfs was all for her! She kept saying, "what was his name again? I wanna remember him." She even asked if she could get podcasts of it, so she could listen to it at night when she can't sleep from the pain because it always helps her out.

oh I love her.

{SHARICE}We've also been looking for Sharice all week and couldn't find her, ever. She wouldn't respond to texts or anything. Well it turns out that she had been texting us, but it hadn't been recieved by our phone. She was asking us to come over and have more lessons. She also has a big fear of prayer and going to church, but on Saturday she said, "so we actually prayed the other day". She was helping her sister move and we offered to help, but she said no that they were good. Turns out they had this huge dresser that they couldn't budge, so right as they were giving up, 2 elders go by on their bikes and help them. Her sister turns to her and says, "have you been praying? maybe you should go to church"
She said she would go to conference on sunday and that she didn't want to be late, because she HATES being late. at 9:01 she still wasn't there and I was freaking out. she texted saying she couldn't find her keys and that if she couldn't find them in the next 10 minutes she wasn't coming. stupid satan, always hiding keys. I said a prayer while in the chapel while motab was singing. a minute later I get a text saying, "found them! i'm on my way!" She loved conference, and after she committed to being baptized!

there were other great ones, but those are the ones that stick out the most. I love being here. I love being a missionary. Conference was exactly what I needed, and so many of my prayers were answered. Continue to grow in your belief and faith, be obedient and just begin where you are. Light will always conquer darkness. (like how I just encompassed like 80 talks?)
also some wise words from president uctdorf sent to me via President Killpack
t is not your responsibility to convert anyone. That is the work of the Holy Ghost. Your task is to share your beliefs and to not be afraid. Be a friend to all, but never compromise your standards. Stand true to your convictions and faith. Stand tall, because you are a missionary, and He stands with you!

love you!
love,
hermana aguas

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!