Saturday, December 10, 2011











My Grandpa wrote me a letter yesterday. It was written on his type writer, and I would smile every time I saw his hand writing, because I could sense his funny frustration for each typo. That's what I love about my Grandpa, you can always guess his reactions, and they are always hilarious. And I just love how he calls me "his lovely".
He gave me a few quotes that he himself had received as a missionary, and I thought I would share one.

"I had only traveled a short time to testify to the people before I learned this one fact, that you might prove doctrine from the bible till doomsday, and it would merely convince a people, but would not convert them. You might read the bible from Genesis to Revelation and prove every Iota that you advance, and that alone would have no converting influence upon the people. Nothing short of a testimony by the power of the holy ghost would bring light of a testimony by the power of the Holy Ghost would bring light and knowledge to them...Bring them in their hearts to repentance. Nothing short of that would ever do." -Brigham Young, Oct 7, 1857

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!