Wednesday, December 26, 2012

She's alive!


Feliz Navidad!
I'm having another food coma, so if I sound a bit incoherant, blame that.
I may or may not have had five full christmas dinners yesterday.
dessert at every single one of them.
and that was only dinner.
 
I was close to loosing it at a few of them.
 
Singing at the rest home was also awesome. It reminded me of when you used to take me to there to play violin. good times.
 
I forgot to tell you, on Christmas eve we acted out the nativity. The dad was the donkey, their little kids were all the characters, I was the sheep. When their youngest one came out as the wise man, he jumped out from behind the door doing air guitar and sang/yelled "WISE MAN!"
but before we even started, we were all "backstage" aka the kitchen and we go up to their son Tommy and say, "man, you're shepherd costume is great"...he freaks out and says, "I'm JOSEPH! I have the BROWN...can't you see? I"m JOSEPH!"...then he started pacing around the kitchen "mentally preparing himself to get into character".
then we had a howdown. it was great
 
a few stories, since we didn't have time yesterday.
 
Lynn is one of our investigators for first ward. she's in her 50s, and has had a real rough past. We get a long great, and she just adores Hermana Sanchez and I. There was a baptism on Saturday, so we invited her to see it, because she's working on getting baptized. The elders sit infront of us, and they were showing her around and introducing her to people. They gave a short lesson on the restoration while the little girl was getting dressed. I explained to her that those were the elders, and they are the boy version of us. She then says to me, "man...they set you up with good looking boys!"...I just start laughing and tell her that we don't do that. We are missionaries. She had gotten it into her mind that we go off on missions, then they pair us up to get married. I kept telling her that's not what we do, and she kept saying, "well you should... and if not now, at least when you end your mission."
She also said elder tanner has a real good head of hair, nice and healthy and shiny. She may or may not have a small crush on both of them.
 
But the good news is, she LOVED the baptism. She fell in love with "I am a Child of God", and when the girl got baptized, she started crying saying, "how beautiful! that's perfect". I haven't seen her that happy in awhile, and she got so excited when she saw the chapel...so a lot of prayers is to help her.
 
wanna hear a weird story? so..the other day we were driving home, and the winds were REALLY strong. and we ran out of gas. the elders come and bail us out...and they told us about how some other missionaries had done the same thing, but they decided to fill up their tank with water, and say a prayer to turn it into gasoline.
 
...no, it didn't work. actually destroyed the car....
but at least you know that your daughter DID NOT do that.
 
I loved the temple.
Christmas conference was fantastic. it was so good to see a bunch of my friends again, and then to talk all about the birth and life of Jesus Christ.
We read parts of the christmas story (the part that is my mission scripture) and we talked about how the shepherds were visited...they were the lowly of low at the time, but also the wise men. part of the higher class...showing that he came for everyone
 
christmas eve was a blast
and christmas was a bit overwhelming with food, but it was super special, and it ended perfectly
and of course I loved talking to all of you--too bad it couldn't have been longer
 
but mostly, it was amazing to realize how every person we saw has been blessed by Christ. That His birth did make a difference,and that He makes everything worth it. He's the reason we can be together forever. I'm so grateful for that...and I hope we all remember some of the most important words from the story of Christ, "Fear Not...I give you good tidings of Great Joy."
because of Him, we don't need to fear. Everything will be alright, with Him.
 
love you all, and talk to you soon!
love,
kait

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!