Monday, December 31, 2012

kittens inspired by kittens.


Seems like I just wrote you! Let's see if I can muster up some good stories to tell.

On Wednesday I met a gypsy..wish I could tell you more of the story, but we didn't get to talk long. She said she was really glad I came to talk to her and "happy Jesus' birthday!"

We've also just started teaching this family Gloria and Hope. Hna Acevedo taught them a year ago when she was in silver, and we just picked them up again, and they are amazing. We taught the restoration with an object lesson that Hna Acevedo taught me (so I knew she had done it on them) and they kept lighting up and saying, "I remember this!". Gloria, the mom, looked like she was about to cry during the first vision...and everything was clicking. I loved being in there, and feeling that "familiar" spirit

We also had a lesson with Lynn last night. Remember her? She's been saying forever that she wants to get baptized, but that she just can't pick when yet. Well last night, after talking about Joseph Smith and the authority she finally decided on a date to get baptized. We had a member with us, and his testimony and support helped so much. He told us later that he was baptized 25 years ago just because his wife wanted to, but then he became inactive. But then the past few years as he's been going out with the missionaries, he was truly converted...and now he's on fire!

The Hamiltons have also been doing fantastic. Bro Hamilton has been reading every reading assignment we've been giving him, and he'll probably be blazing through the bom in no time. His wife is sold, now all we need to do is to get Walmart to give him a different shift at work so he can start coming to church.
oh, and sister hamilton bought me a giant kitten blanket. Now everytime I walk into my room I just bust up laughing.

Cody went to the temple to do baptisms and got his Patriarchal blessing last night. I was SO stoaked. I kept asking him during church how excited he was. Pretty sure I was getting more excited than him.

Also the Mowers (some members) are the coolest people I've met. just a random fact for you.

my zone leaders just told me to say:
:" I have the studliest zone leaders in the whole mission"

alright..so here's my little food for thought from Jesus The Christ. (kelsey, READ THIS BOOK)

"It is well to know that prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to say, words that so often cloak inconsistencies, words that may have no deeper source than the inconsistencies  words that may have no deeper source than the physical organs of speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears. The dumb may pray, and that too with the eloquence that prevails in heaven. Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire. If there lives a man who has never really prayed, that man is a being apart from the order of the divine in human nature, a stranger in the family of God's children. Prayer is for the uplifting of the suppliant. God without our prayers would be God; but we without prayer cannot be admitted to the kingdom of God."

Remember to keep all our prayers sincere, and remember that through that we have the absolute most direct form on communication with our Heavenly Father. We can do anything with that.
love you all, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

con amor
-hermana aguas


No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!