Monday, September 17, 2012

today my gps told me to drive on the right side of the road.


Let's talk miracles.
 
So on thursday, Lindsey (one of the members) was driving us to a lesson. We see a car driving a little infront of us that was a little beat up, clearly in some sort of accident and we said, "wow, we we're definitely keeping our distance from that one". A few blocks later we pull up to a stop light, about to turn left. We are right behind the car that was mentioned earlier. We were all talking about the lesson and whatnot waiting for a green arrow, and then I hear the this loud crash followed by everyone in the car gasping. We look across the intersection and watch the car infront of us had t-bonean suv. The SUV went airborne, doing 5 flips in the intersection, crossed 2 lanes of traffic, over a median and landed directly behind our car upside down, infront of a bus. Lindsey yelled, "get out of the car! get out of the car!" We all jump out and run to the capsized vehicle, where we see a man miraculously crawl out of the passengers side door. I wasn't so worried about that side, as I was about the driver, because that part was completely crushed in. A few nurses ran on site and we said, "the driver! where's the driver". The guy who had crawled out said, "it's me. I'm the only one. I was the only one in that car!"
This guy somehow went across all lanes of traffic without hitting ANY cars...went over a median, landed perfectly in our lane behind us...and nuzzled perfectly between us and the bus. Not touching either of us. The man crawled out of the car with only a few cuts on his hands from the glass (from crawling out the window).
No one was hurt. Absolutely No one. We all sat there as we talked to the cops, and just talked about the miracle that just happened.
 
needless to say thursday was a little nuts.
 
Then friday we met Elder Ballard. As soon as he walked in the room the spirit came in like crazy. And it was an interesting spirit, not one that would make you cry or anything like that, but pure joy. being in the room with 200 missionaries and Elder Ballard singing called to serve, behold a royal army and our mission song (original version of i'll go where you want me to go and armies of helaman) was the coolest feeling ever.
 
He spoke all about missionary work, and let us ask questions, but something I was really impressed by was he talked all about light. And how light can edify. When we edify ourselves together, we will also rejoice together. And grow together to make the light brighter and brighter till the perfect day.  That which is of light is of God, that which doth not edify is not of God. We cannot go by and miss any opportunity, because we are apathetic or not listening, because the spirit is waiting to introduce us and our glorious message. You can radiate that glad message
 
"Some of you, I have seen your face, because I may have helped select where you were to serve. We feel the power or heaven of where you ought to go. In that moment, YOU were connected with heaven. So always remember "I"ll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord. I'll be what you need me to be" 
 
and my favorite
" You're getting aquainted with Him (your savior), and he's getting aquainted with you"
 
It was an awesome reminder, and getting me super excited for conference.
 
Hope everyone had a great week. Thanks for the package mum--I loved the picture you sent. Funny that you sent that one, cause that's actually the photo I put on my planner. Love you all and talk to you soon!
 
-hermana kait waters 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!