Monday, March 12, 2012

oh, I'm just dressing up like a warrior right now. can I call you back?

Well...this week we've had a lot of crazies, but I don't really remember much of it. That's what drowsy medicine does to you. Pretty sure I was missing for about half the week. BUT I do have a super cool story about Edgar. We just finished a lesson, and seemed particularly quiet during the whole thing. So when we were all chatting at the end, I go over to shake his hand and asked if he was feeling ok. He said "Si. Esta bien."........uhm. ok.
So I go to give his mom a hug and he goes over to the other side to shake my hand again. I say "otra vez?" (again?) and he's like "I don't know what you're talking about" ...I just went with it, and he's like "but really, I have something to tell you."
He pulled me aside and said he got an answer. He had told me this before, but I was still excited. Especially since we had extended a baptism date. He said the night before he was having a really really rough night with everything. He was praying and finally just went to sleep. he said, "I had a dream last night and I saw my grandpa. He was dressed all in white and came walking over to me. He put his arm around me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and said, 'everything is going to be alright'." I got the BIGGEST smile on my face and he continued, "he was just as real as I am. I could feel it. And I just started crying in my sleep. And I knew that nomatter what happened it would all work out. I know he's okay and that I'm ok"
I asked him a few questions and basically just got really excited, and then he started walking away. I remembered that his dad is having issues believing in a life after death so I chased him into the kitchen (it's ok..it's a trailer, so my companion could still see me) and I say, "Edgar! You HAVE to tell your dad. There's more than this. You know that!". I felt like I was in a super dramatic scene in a movie. It was great. We had another really long talk last night about it, and some of his doubts. He still has  A LOT to get over, mostly getting faith back in his family, but it showed me how powerful prayer is and that there's always hope. Even when you don't think there is any.
 
this work is hard. and it takes a lot of of you. I feel like a little bit of my heart breaks everytime I see someone I love turn away from Christ BUT it's moments like that, where it is completely completely worth it. And you forget all the bad things, and realize what a cool opportunity and amazing message this really is. The restoration is so unique, that we literally have God's power on the earth once again, which makes it possible for God's plan of Salvation, plan of happiness to work. Where we can live with God and Jesus Christ again, and ultimately with our families forever.
 
Life's great. always remember that. The gospel is so worth it!
keep reading the bom. p.s. mum, is the fam reading it together and marking?! I would love to hear about it!
love,
hermana Aguas

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!