Monday, January 7, 2013

a new heart i will give you

So, I'm not really sure how I can get everything I'm feeling out--but I'm gonna try. As you all know, my people here in Silver City have a real special place in my heart. And yesterday at church, I saw so many miracles. My investigators are coming to church, progressing, and loving it. Less Actives have been coming and bore strong testimonies. Recent converts are making HUGE steps in progressing towards the temple and missions--
and as I sat there in testimony meeting, and the most overcoming feeling of love filled me.
It made me think of 3 nephi when Christ is talking to the multitude in the America's and says, "behold my bowels are filled with compassion towards you... and now behold, my joy is full."
I looked around at all of them, and I've seen how they've taken me in, and allowed me in their lives, but better than that...they've taken down some big walls and allowed the Savior in. I got a glimpse of the Savior's love, and happiness by knowing that they are opening their doors. There is a change of heart that has been happening here, and it's been happening in everyone, and they are all noticing. A life that has been missing, is coming back. And it's amazing.

And I still look at all these people, and just like the Savior looked unto them, he asked that they come and be healed. I still see how many hard things they are going through, lots of hardships and trials to overcome. And I want to heal them as much as I can, and pray for them, and show them everything they are capable of doing... and then I remember I'm not God, and I won't be here forever. Even Christ knew He had to leave.

But we'll be ok

"A new heart...will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh" (ezekiel 36:26)

"Behold, ye are little children, and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; and none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost." (d&c 50:40-42)

"I know, that God loves me. And even though I do lots of stupid things, I know that through the Atonement I can be forgiven. And that's enough for me." -heather

"I believe in Christ. I believe in Joseph Smith. But most of all, I believe in you guys, because you kept me here. Even though everything has fallen apart, when I went to the temple, I knew everything would be alright. Thank you for getting me there."-Cody


I'm so grateful that I'm a missionary, but more than that I'm grateful I have the gospel. It's the only thing that will keep us going. We don't know or understand all things, but if we understand God's individual love for us, His children...we know everything.

So since I haven't really given a challenge in awhile, I challenge you all to think of all the ways God has shown you He loves you. Write them down. Share scriptures. Share them with others. Write me and tell me about all of them--and look for more ways that YOU can emulate  that love.

I know he adores us.
And that's He's always with us.

I love every one of you, and hope to someday love as He does.

xoxo
hermana aguas

No comments:

Post a Comment

send her some love!